Cinque Terre: The 5 Cities
Sunday, May 30, 2004
Waking up on the beach after our last night camping was a HUGE relief. We left France right away and headed for an adorably breathtaking set of cities in Italy: Cinque Terre (pronounced "Chink-wa Tear-ay"). My health was not holding up very well and rather than taking the 7 mile hike offered, Derek, Amy, Peter, and I opted for the train.
The cities were beautiful, built right into the rocky cliffs adjacent to the ocean. Rather than trying to explain them, when I finally get around to posting pictures on here, you can have a look for yourself.
We spent all day in the cities, hopping from one to another, and landing on the beach in the last city. We boarded the train at 5:30, the buses around 5:45, and arrived back in Florence around 9 p.m.
It was a whirlwind weekend full of culture and memorable experiences :) I leave for Greece June 2-June 6...I am sure there will be plenty to say about that trip :)


1 Comments:
Hey J- I am loving reading your stories. Hope all is well and you are seeing and learning lots! Love ya
-Jenna
4:49 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home