Tuesday, May 25, 2004

A day in the park

May 25, 2004

Our planned trip to Pisa this afternoon was abrubtly cancelled when the trains went on strike. Bus and train strikes aren't uncommon here...and it often leaves people stranded for hours. Luckily, we were still in Florence and not Pisa :) We all headed to a park and enjoyed the sun for a few hours.

The weather is getting quite toasty here. Thankfully though, because I am not prepared for cold weather at all! An afternoon to just relax was just what the Dr. ordered...refreshing and rejuvenating!

On the way back we had quite an adventure and almost an injury. Most of the group had left the park earlier, and considering it is about a 15 minute bus ride and 45 minute walk back to the school, they were probably wise to leave when they did. Five of us, however, were not so wise and ended up getting on a bus that took twice as long to get back. The injury almost occurred when Todd's head got caught in the bus door!!! The driver was obviously in a big hurry because he was driving more crazily than I have ever seen any bus driver drive. i am not sure if he remember he was driving a large bus with people on it. When he pulled up to our stop, Todd attempted to make a dash for the door but didn't quite make it. Thankfully he and his head and neck are all still attached and okay. However, it does make quite a story ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger j... said...

I am working on pictures...I PROMISE!!! And I also apologize that I haven't been making my daily visits to the computer lab...I'll work on improvement :)

2:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home